Saturday, February 1, 2014

Basilica de San Martin de Tours

Basilica de San Martin de Tours
or 

Basilica of St. Martin de Tours

"The oldest church in the Philippines"


Hi to all, I just want to share my experience last December 25, 2013. It was a great and surprise for me. During Christmas eve December 24, 2013 I was so bad mood that day because we were not celebrate that eve with each other. And he propose to meet tomorrow at Gateway to attend a mass. 

As we meet at Gateway I feel the bad vibes in my mind and as we go to Guadalupe church. I feel blessed and happy, I don't know why.. Kindda disappoint because we attended the mass in the end part. 



We go to buendia, kindda confused as I see that the bus is going to Batangas. As we sit and I ask Him where will we go, tell the conductor to Taal... He ask me If "nakapunta na ako"(I already been there) and I tell Yes, knowing the view lang but not the place hehhehehe... As we arrived, he hold my hand and walk to the aisle of the church... blush, kilig , smile di alam ang gagawin... 

I thought It's proposal na....

All Photos Credit to Zitart
Randy Azul


The Aisle - Picture 1
The Aisle - Picture 2




The Aisle - Picture 3
The Aisle - Picture 3
The Aisle from the 2nd floor (right shot)
The Aisle from the 2nd floor(center shot)
This is the shot as we walk to the aisle.. picture at the altar.. I thought Its proposal na... but I'm so happy, why because this is the church that he wanted to get married And he also tell me that he will only bring the girl that he wanted to be with the rest of her life. Honestly naiyak ako nito kasi I remember that word way back on our first monthsary...
Check my eyes of maluha luha ako.. Nagpapicture talaga ako... 2 beses pa kami naglakad sa aisle... kakakilig much super duper
The concave ceiling before the altar
I always find this in the old church like  St. William’s Cathedral . This is called “pulpito” where priests during Spanish era ,used to say their sermon.

Going to baptistry

Every wall has a painting of a saint or prophet

Details of the above
See the details of the ark... 
One of the chandelier 
Going to the top of church.. ang liit nang daan
Bell inside the church
Ang pogi lang nang mahal ko

At the top of the church
Roof of the church
Outside the church









Me at Taal

Him at Taal
History

Dubbed as the largest Catholic church in Asia, the Basilica of St. Martin de Tours is one astounding landmark that sits atop a hill right at the center of the town. With the length of 96 meters and width of 45 meters, it’s impossible for anyone not to notice this religious structure.
The church had gone through several reconstructions. What we can see now was the last construction done in 1856 under Fr. Marcos Anton who sought for the help of architect Luciano Oliver who supervised the design and construction of the basilica.
Two distinct features of the basilica are the façade, which will remind you of the St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, and the silver tabernacle, claimed to be the only one of its kind in the country.
Often called Taal Basilica, the church is among the most visited destinations of people from various places during the Lenten season. This church is also popular among couples who will tie the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...